Dr. Stem Mahlatini,EdD,LCSW
Licensed Psychotherapist, Parent and Teen Coach, Confidence Coach, Trainer, Speaker
About the instructor
Dr. Stem (Sithembile Mahlatini) is a Certified Life-Career Coach, Confidence Coach, Passion Test Facilitator, feel the Fear & Do It Anyway Coach, John Maxwell Leadership Coach, Author, Licensed Psychotherapist, Radio-Television Personality and Motivational Speaker. As a native of Zimbabwe, residing in the USA, she has over 20 years experience providing counseling to teenagers in schools, homes, private practice and in the Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) Programs in Florida. She enjoys traveling, conducting empowerment workshops for parents, couples and teenagers as well as speak at seminars and conferences in the United States, at Sea and Globally.
Understanding Today’s Teenagers
Parenting teenagers can be one the most challenging periods of one's life – but it can also be one of the most rewarding.
If the challenge of parenting your teenager has become a daily struggle and you feel like things are going backwards in your relationship with your teenager, (which is very likely) and your parenting confidence is taking a battering, then this program will give you HOPE. Understanding Your Teenagers is a first step to surviving the teen years, knowing more is Power.
Who Is Course For?
The one thing all parents have in common is a strong desire to be stress free, seeing positive change in their teenager’s life and their own.
Some of the common reasons why you can benefit from this course are:
* If you feel like your teenager (s) don’t listen to you or respect you
* If you constantly argue or engage in power struggles with your teen over everyday issues
* If you experience increased frequency of your teenager's involvement in problems at school, home or his/her risk taking behaviors
* If you are struggling with raising teenager (s) in an age so technologically different from when you grew up
* If you know there is a problem in the relationship with your teenager (s), but can’t name it
* If you find yourself using the same unhealthy parenting practices your parents or other parents used when you were growing up (or maybe you haven't connected where you learned your parenting style from)
* If you need a sounding board to talk through parenting issues or just vent
* Feeling overwhelmed and stressed